Last years’ Bake Off went down a storm and raised lots of money for our good causes which we were totally delighted with. So as you all seem to love baking so much we’re running it again this year, and are delighted to be once again sponsored and supported by Nicola Watts from Jane Smith Financial Planning Ltd, an independent, family-run financial planning firm based at Olney Office Park. To enter you just turn up on the day with your cake. The competition is open to all non-professional bakers and children up to the age of 16.
The categories are as follows:
• Kids up to the age of 12 to produce 6 cupcakes of any style
• Kids over 12 and up to 16 to produce 6 cupcakes of any style
• Best cake, this can be any type of cake fruit, chocolate, carrot etc
• Best sponge, whether it be Victoria, Madeira etc
There will be prizes for the best in each category and also a runner up prize in each category.
We are busy putting an expert panel of judges together to taste your creations on the day!
We hope that the Big Olney Bake Off will see the same high number of entrants as last year. At the end of the competition
we will be selling the cakes by the slice and every penny raised will go to Toby’s Trust.
Competition Timings and Rules
• Bring your baked goods to the main marquee, and find the Bake Off stall no earlier than 3.00pm on the day of BOFF Saturday 8th September
• The judging will take place between 4 – 5pm with winners announced and prizes given out on the day, so please stay around.
• The baker should not be a professional (ie if you sell a cake, that makes you a professional)
• Please ensure your name and phone number (and age for children) is clearly identified when you hand your cake in
• All cakes will be sold once the winners have been announced – all money raised is going towards Toby’s Trust.
• By entering the competition you are giving your consent for your cake(s) to be photographed and used for future promotional material and for the cakes to be sold with all proceeds going to the chosen good cause.